December 2023 Member’s Newsletter
ADBIA Christmas Tree
As an acknowledgement of appreciation for supporting local all year long, we have installed a 30′ Christmas tree with over 10,000 lights to brighten up Millennium Park over the holidays. Thank you for shopping and supporting local!
Located at the base of our commercial area in Ambleside, the tree is a welcome beacon to those walking the Centennial Seawalk, shopping on Bellevue, driving down 15th and even crossing Lions Gate Bridge.
Please continue to support our local shops and restaurants over the Christmas season and consider shopping and dining local. We need the support of our residents and visitors to create a vibrant and thriving commercial destination.
All month long we will be encouraging shopping local via our social media platforms. We will feature different businesses and have several contests.
Saturday December 2nd: Shopping on Bellevue 2pm – 5pm
The ADBIA welcomes strolling carollers singing Christmas songs, as well as a jazz trio playing holiday favourites. Many stores will offer specials, sales, free gift wrapping, giveaways and refreshments. We encourage visitors to visit the Ambleside Grosvenor Galleria and amble along Bellevue to enjoy the Christmas lights and window decor.
Tuesday December 5th: Pop Up at Formula Fig 6:30pm – 8pm
An evening of shopping and socializing as Formula Fig welcomes Drifter The Brand, showcasing bespoke gift boxes featuring their most sought-after selections. Discover unique items from around the world, carefully curated to make your holiday season unforgettable. Save your spot here.
Saturday, December 9th: Carolling in Dundarave noon – 2pm
This afternoon encourages families to bring the kids out for an afternoon of carollers singing Christmas songs they can singalong with and sales/specials from some of the shops and restaurants. Grab a hot chocolate and a holiday treat and head down to visit the beautifully decorated trees at Dundarave Beach in the Forest of Miracles.
Saturday, December 16th: Toy Drive, 10am – 2pm
Stop by West Coast Dream Machines at 1519 Clyde Avenue for their first annual Toy Drive for BC Children’s Hospital. Bring a new unwrapped toy to donate and, as a special treat, Savary Island Pie will provide food and hot beverages to guests.
Be sure to follow us on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter at @adbiawv for more details on these events as well as random giveaways and holiday gift ideas throughout the month of December.
We are pleased to be able to move ahead with sidewalk repairs in some of the high pedestrian areas of Ambleside. Many of our sidewalks have been lifted by tree roots or have suffered damage due to floods and weather. In order to make them a bit safer for visitors to our commercial area, the ADBIA has commissioned SafeSidewalks Canada to make some repairs. Their unique equipment allows them to “shave” the tripping area and still maintain the integrity of the concrete.
The installation of the boardwalk in Dundarave has been a long process and we are still doing some final tweaks but we are pleased to have the accessible ramp installed. It is located at the end of the boardwalk, near The Bakehouse. New signage for accessible parking is being installed so please be aware next time you are visiting Dundarave.
Comings and Goings
We welcome some new businesses to our community!
- Cafe C’est si bon has opened up 1425 Marine Drive. Tucked in Village Square and closer to Clyde, you will find this cute Parisian themed patisserie serving a selection of classic French pastries such as Financiers, Madeleines, Canneles and Chouquettes.
- Sticking with the French theme, there is a new bistro prepping to open at 1479 Clyde Avenue. Previously the home of Ba Fan Yang, this yet to be named restaurant is under renovation. Keep an eye out in our next newsletter for more news on this culinary spot!
- Chillax Kitchen & Bar, formerly Encore Cafe, is offering a new menu and longer hours. Located at 281 17th Street, follow them on Instagram to hear about upcoming events and live music.
With new locations we sadly say good-bye to others.
- Rose Persian Cuisine, a neighbourhood favourite, has closed their doors at 1746 Marine Drive.
- Kiss and Make-Up, an iconic West Van shop, will be leaving Ambleside at the end of January. Not to worry, they will still be offering many of their great products online so be sure to bookmark their website.
- Dundarave will see lots of change in the coming months with The Latest Scoop, The Knit & Stitch Shoppe and Z Hair and Spa scheduled to leave at the end of December. These businesses have been a part of our Dundarave community for years and will be missed. Hopefully they will find a home back in the new development when it is complete. In the meantime, they are all still looking for space and would love to be able to stay in West Vancouver so let’s hope they can find some retail space in our community!
The Latest Scoop is a lifestyle concept store offering a curated selection of pretty things for you and your home. From fashion and home décor, to accessories and furniture, you’ll also find stationery, giftware and much more.
Scoop, as it is affectionally called, is your friendly neighbourhood shop – stop in and get lost in the treasures you will find!
Simpson Home Hardware has been serving West Vancouver for over 50 years. It’s your one-stop shop for quality service and products.
From cleaning products, small appliances, garbage bags, paint and stain, tools, camping supplies, automotive products, light bulbs and lots more. Experience a hardware store from the good old times with all kinds of knickknacks.
At Igloo Baby, you’ll find a rich world of high-quality children’s fashion with élite collection lines for babies and children from 0-14. Their stylish clothing lines outfit kids so they are as artistic and creative as their parents.
Whether you’re after traditional wear, functional casual clothing, sportswear or luxury gifts, you can pick up chic yet practical pieces both your little ones will love!
WIth the rainy winter days ahead, be sure to visit Tenton Ramen N Tonkatsu to warm up with a steaming bowl of ramen noodles. Lots of seafood, vegetarian and vegan options and a wide assortment of other Japanese dishes.
Known for their deep-fried pork cutlets, they also have a varied and delicious selection of katsu as well as salads, udon, gyozas and donburi.